Got my first week on my unit taking care of live patients.
The things I have learned thus far:
- Watch where you are aiming the saline flush when the plunger gets stuck.
- Always remember to attach the IV tubing to the patient instead of laying it on the bed…and then forgetting it.
- Security frowns on strange people doing strange things outside their hospital.
- Plan on changing more bed linen than a hotel housekeeper.
- Documentation will make you its bitch.
My feet and my brain hurt in equal measure.